Friday 11 July 2014

CIAO ROMA, ciao bella, ciao amigo...

Rome. Travel Chaos. World cup football. Wimbledon. Hitting a retrospective slump at not having seen any Italian art this weekend. Vatican queues were far too long, no Pieta. No camera anyway because I forgot my battery. Dropping Sue's fish on the floor, arriving at the airport 3 hours early, delayed on the tarmac for another hour, battery dwindling. Missing the entire epic men's Wimbledon final. London is cold in comparison to the 30 degrees of Rome. Train stuck at New Cross Gate for 15 minutes, arrive home and accidentally drag in two streaks of mud with my bag, then realise i've THROWN AWAY two of the gifts I bought. Awful storm cloud of luck follows me around well into Monday.

Monday evening greeted with roses at my front door, delivered by mother nature :) Champagne cork conversation with SP amidst a frank conversation with L and battle-texts with Esh. Snotting all over myself on the lawn on a beautiful, quiet evening, surrounded by my fairy lights and flowers.

I'm in love:



On the positive side: I spoke Italian and French. I know more French than I think. Rome was hot, and I have a slight tan. I saw the Colosseum. I have some great photos. Had epic pizza while watching the football with hundreds of good-looking italians in the square on a warm evening.

Brazil 7-1 crushing with the housemates and D's super lamb burgers.

Count Ory rehearsals going well! Wonderful evening surrounded by musicians, actors, the choir, stage directors and creatives. Discovering that opera is addictive. R's mom's angel painting started.


No comments:

Post a Comment